Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Car Escape Illustration Revisit, + Photoshop Editing.

Last week I posted a disastrous illustration using a combination of technique with Google SketchUp. So I went back to do a huge fix on the drawing including an attempted glass reflection effect. Here's the result.

On a separate piece of 11 by 17 printing paper, I inked the above glass reflection with a Winsor Brush. I then overlay it in Photoshop and did some opacity adjustment. The main problem lies in the original illustration which (even now as we speak) has too much loopholes. I masked out the background and drop them back, added overlays and complied the two together. 


One of the toughest things I find in being an artist is fixing your own work to an "acceptable" stage which can be daunting and a Pain in the A$$ especially if you've been working on the artwork for an infinite amount of time. But never the less, this has been a great exercise just to force myself into having discipline to correct my mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment