Thursday, May 3, 2012

Google Sketchup + Inking Process

So this is my latest venture: adding Google Sketchup into my workflow. This illustration took a long while with lots of referencing. The main challenge was the initial process of getting down the model, sketching the illustration out and then doing the inking it. The reason why I used Sketchup in this illustration is because of slightly twisted perspective that I was going for. Also, I wanted to see if I could replicate a scene with more accuracy using Sketchup. I've also attached a quick inking video at the bottom.

Once I finished doing a rough model in sketchup, I actually did a few variety of perspective shot just to see which one I like --->

I initially chose layout number 6 as the angle for my illustration. I took the image to Photoshop and did a "quick" sketch. (which ended up not so quick apparently.

From this
To this.

However, I wasn't satisfied with the perspective as it was too simple. I just didn't click with it. So I went back to the layouts to choose another perspective and then re-do the process.

The final Layout that I decided to go with

1st Sketch Pass

2nd Sketch Pass.
Final Finished Ink.
 
Inks with adjustment in Photoshop.


Yes I actually do ink like Superman in such amazing speed. LOLX

No comments:

Post a Comment