Publisher: CFSL Ink Publishing, Edition: 1st (May 10, 2012)
Format: Softcover (304 pages)
Collection: Café Salé
Language: English, French
ISBN-13: 978-2359470307Product Dimensions: 11.1 x 9.5 x 0.9 inches
Shipping Weight: 4 pounds
Price: $30 (EURO) ($28.50 EURO on Amazon.fr)
CFSL.Net is an online french community website that has its own forum, gallery, online shop space showcasing (you guess) french artists. For a number of years, they have been publishing this series called CFSL.NET Artbook and Book 6 just came out in March 2012. It took me around 3 months to hunt down a second hand version which costs only $19 USD. Specifically for book 6, there are 3 main sections of the book namely 1) Environments, 2) Character Design and 3) Misc (which includes things like vehicle concepts, robots, etc.)
The book is thick and huge containing I guess more than 500+++ images. There isn't a whole lot of text going on in the book and the only place you would find them is at the preface, initial spread page of every section in both French and English. The images of the artwork contains the artist's name, the title of the work and the year it is created. There is a great section at the end of the book with an index that features the various website of the artists mentioned in the book which is a really neat feature that allows you to track your favorite artist down.
I give this book a 4.5 out of 5 score.
- Lots of artwork in from Environments to Character Design and Vehicles.
- The feature works are fairly recent created mostly in 2011
- The huge amount of varying art styles from cartoony, realistic to futuristic designs.
- The Character Design sections include animals not just human characters
- Some artworks are really small with some pages having as much as 4 illustrations.
- Wish they would add more of the misc artwork which includes vehicles and robots.